Learn how to:
- Understand the information on the pattern envelope.
- Take measurements and find your size.
- Understand and use the markings printed on the pattern.
- Learn about fabric types and what to look for when shopping.
- Lay out your fabric for perfect cutting.
- Learn about different interfacing types and when to use them.
- Tips and tricks to get your sewing and pressing off to a good start!
- Show and tell featuring my favorite notions for sewing clothes and how to use them.
This class is lecture and demo only. Students will not be sewing in this class. Students are welcome to have a pattern with them and ask questions at the end of class if there is time.
No supplies are necessary for this class, however students are encouraged to take notes. A pdf with illustrations and resources will be emailed to each student before the class.